Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Joue-moi, je suis à toi

Play Me, I’m Yours public piano, Jardin des Plantes, Paris

‘Play Me, I’m Yours’ a public piano with the occasional player
Jardin des plantes
Quartier du Jardin-des-Plantes, 5th arrondissement
Paris, July 2012

“Located in public parks, bus shelters and train stations, outside galleries and markets and even on bridges and ferries the pianos are available for any member of the public to play and enjoy. Who plays them and how long they remain on the streets is up to each community. Many pianos are personalised and decorated by artists or the local community. By creating a place of exchange ‘Play Me, I’m Yours’ invites the public to engage with, activate and take ownership of their urban environment.” (Play Me, I’m Yours, Street Pianos)

See also: Play Me, I’m Yours